Since incorporating ‘lifestyle’ posts and videos into my blogging and vlogging life, I have really enjoyed talking lots about my fitness and healthy eating routines. Today I wanted to go one step further than just talking about it, and actually show you guys one of my super simple recipes. I used to find breakfast tricky in terms of choosing healthy foods, but since I’ve been making my Chocolate Overnight Oats it is much easier!
Here is the video in which I show you how to make the oats, and I’ve also popped the ingredients list and recipe description below.
- Organic Scottish Porridge Oats
- Chia Seeds
- 100% Cocoa Powder
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Using a small glass to measure, pour in enough oats to reach just under half way. Pour the oats into a medium sized bowl.
- Place a small tablespoon’s worth of Chia seeds and half a tablespoon of cocoa powder into the bowl
- Mash the banana in your fingers for a rough effect and add to the mixture
- Using the same glass as before, pour the almond milk in until around 2/3rds full
- Mix together well and place in the fridge overnight. Take out half the next morning, popping in the microwave for around 20-30 seconds to take the chill off. Enjoy the rest the next day!
And that’s it! Super easy, quick and healthy. These oats have really helped me to shed the last couple of pounds, but remember that to lose weight eating healthily throughout the day and exercising are also key.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe!