Since I started my YouTube channel, I’ve always enjoyed posting make up looks based on cult favourites – some of my favourites to create have been inspired by the likes of Emilie Autumn, Lacey Mosley and Lights. Today, I bring you a relatively simple and easy yet effective look based on the awesome Lzzy Hale of the band Halestorm!
Here’s the full make up tutorial in video form:
I have had so many requests to film a look like this, and am thrilled to have got round to it. Lzzy’s make up looks are pretty straightforward – a black/brown light smoky eye with either nude or red lips. I decided to add in a couple of variations to the tutorial…
1. If you want to go for the lighter Lzzy look, feel free to leave out the extra contour eyeshadow step. I have seen photos where Lzzy’s make up is a little heavier, but it is mostly relatively light.
2. Choose between natural/nude or lightly stained dark red lips. I went for the red option and patted my lipstick on lightly using my fingers to make sure it wasn’t too thick and heavy.
I used lots of products by Smashbox in the video (for no other reason than I personally love them!) but you can use whatever you have access to. As a quick run down, I used:
- BB Cream (feel free to use whichever base you prefer)
- Smashbox Fade Out Palette
- ELF Eyebrow Filler
- Barry M Lash Vegas Mascara
- Sleek Face Contour Kit
- Smashbox Black Cherry Lipstick
- Smashbox Photo Set Finishing Powder
What did you think of the look? I’d love to know!