Even just mentioning the word ‘bikini’ will strike fear into the hearts of many – and I used to be amongst them! A couple of years ago, I thoroughly believed that I could never feel confident, nice or comfortable in any bikini. However, on my recent holiday I found that – drumroll, please – I felt pretty good! I feel that this can be attributed to a few little factors, which I will share with you gorgeous lot. Because that’s just it – you are gorgeous – you just need to FEEL it!
Top Tips for Bikini Confidence:
- For a few of weeks before you know you’ve got to bare (almost) all in a bikini, step up your healthy eating and exercise regimes. If you’ve cut out the crap food and got your arse moving, I can guarantee you’ll feel better when you come to step out onto the beach or poolside. But…DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF! It’s terrible for you anyway, and the minute you’re on holiday you’ll pig out. Best to keep it healthy!
- Maximise your best assets – if you have killer legs, don’t hide them under a bikini-skirt…if you’re proud of your derrière, don’t opt for unflattering granny-pant style bottoms. Flaunt it – its the only situation where you can (unless you have a questionable fashion sense on nights out!)
- Know the tricks – are you slightly lacking in the boob department? Padded bikini tops are amazing, and not as obvious as you might think! If you’re not too keen on your muffin-tops, choose bikini bottoms with some sort of decoration around the hips, e.g. bows. It is surprising what a little extra material can disguise!
- Wedges are your best friend – wearing some wedged sandals with your bikini transforms your posture, figure and confidence. Try it – you’ll instantly see what I mean!
- Keep a cover-up or kaftan handy – it’s OK to have moments of dipped bikini confidence! I always keep a kaftan around in case I want to cover up a little – plus you don’t want to burn!
Remember, if you feel confident, it shines through. Feel free to share your tips below!