I love to make videos that I enjoy watching myself – I love a good haul and a ‘favourites’ video, and for my first video of the year it seemed fitting to go down the ‘2012 Beauty Favourites’ route!
It was hard to narrow down my favourite products, and also to make sure that I wasnt including too many predictable products (for example, you all know that I love my Illamasqua Skin Base, but that’s nothing new!)
I did, naturally, include some old favourites, but it was great to talk about them anew. That is the best thing about favourites videos – you realise why it is that you fell in love with a product in the first place. With make up and other beauty bits and bobs, it is easy for certain items to get lost in a sea of products (especially when you’re a blogger!) so it’s nice to lay things out and take time to appreciate them.
Here’s a full list of the products I featured in the video, from make up to skincare and hair products!
- Bourjois Baked Eyeshadow in Grey
- Jemma Kidd Stay Put Define Eyeliner
- bareMinerals Well-Rested Face and Eye Brightener
- Smashbox Photo Set Finishing Powder
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara
- bareMinerals Blemish Remedy
- OPI Nicki Minaj Nail Polish in Save Me
- Barry M Gelly Nail Polish in Blood Orange
- John Frieda Go Blonder Lightening Spray
- Michael Mercier Brush
- Babyliss Boutique Soft Waves Wand
I am thinking of being strict with myself about ‘favourites’ videos this year – would you guys like me to do one every month? If you do then I will try my best to do so, the months go by so quickly but I will make them a priority!
I hope you enjoyed my first beauty videos of 2013 – here’s to many, many more!