I don’t know whether it’s because you guys are psychic, but just lately I have had only one video request – to show you my hair care routine! I have super long and thick hair, and do actively take steps to care for it. Here is my brand new and updated Hair Care Routine video!
Just in case it wasn’t clear from the video, here’s a fuller length photo of me where you can see the true length of my hair!
So what were my main pieces of advice from the video? Here are my top tips:
- Everything in moderation – that means heat styling and dying your hair. Even with a protection spray, heat styling your hair every day just isn’t good for it. Same goes for colouring! If you notice that your hair isn’t looking or feeling its best, try to reduce the damage you do to it.
- Mix up your hair product. This is a tip I picked up years ago from a magazine and I genuinely follow it. I have around three different shampoos and conditioners and try to alternate them all. It honestly works!
- Get semi-regular trims. I’m terrible at this, but it helps to keep your hair looking healthy.
- Heat protection spray all the way! It is just the most essential hair care product. Use it on wet hair before blow drying and on dry hair before heat styling.
- Only wash your hair as often as you need to. I’ve only ever washed mine twice a week and that’s all I need to do. Washing it less frequently helps maintain the natural oils in your hair, and think about it – the more you wash it, the more you need to blow dry it, and that’s just more heat damage!
- Dry shampoo works wonders. It takes away the need for constant washing, and again reduces the necessity of daily blow dries.
So those are my main tips for maintaining long, healthy, strong hair. You know what I’m going to say though – I’d love to hear your tips and advice too! Please feel free to leave them in the comment section.
If you have any further questions to ask me, please don’t hesitate to do so!