I had a small panic an hour or so ago – after a weekend of partying to celebrate my little sister’s 18th birthday, I made the scary realisation that my summer holiday to the Dominican Republic is coming up in 1 WEEK AND 5 DAYS. That’s not even two weeks away. I probably drunk my body weight in cocktails and champagne over the last two days, not to mention the copious amount of pizza that seems to have been consumed. So, you can see where the panic started to arise from. What on EARTH am I going to do to feel half-way decent before my holiday?
I drew up a mental checklist of just what I am going to do. And I WILL stick to it. I promise.
- Cut out the crap food – that means no pizza, chocolate, sweets for the next week or so. I normally don’t like this approach of denying myself foods, but this is a desperate time. It’s all or nothing, and for the sake of feeling good in my bikini, it’s going to be nothing of the bad. Hello big salads, fruit, herbal tea and steamed foods.
- Get to the gym! I have been SO good at going to the gym lately so I can’t let it slip. I’m not hell-bent on losing weight as such – I just want to feel like I’ve made a good effort and know that in myself.
- Drink LOTS of water – this always makes me feel good, as I feel that I’ve flushed out any bad stuff and toxins in my system (toxins will be plentiful at the moment after Saturday night!)
- Keep on top of my beauty routine – I’m very disciplined with my skincare as a rule, but I’m really going to be making sure that my complexion is looking its best before the trip. I generally want to feel well-groomed before jetting off, so the bathroom will be slightly hogged for a little while (sorry sis!)
- Get (more) organised – I can’t feel completely healthy if I’m stressed, so I’m making sure that all of the holiday plans and packing are prepared in advance. No stress allowed in this house, thank you!
- Kick any bad habits into touch – just because I’m British it doesn’t give me a RIGHT to have tea and biscuits before bed (I just think it does). I can live without biscuits for a little while, and I know I’ll feel better for it.
I hope this helps you guys out too! Feel free to share your tips in the comments.