7 Days of Lipstick: Rockette Red (Day 3)

I can’t believe Day 3 of 7 Days of Lipstick is almost over! After my love of wearing a super bright pink shade yesterday I decided to continue along my bold trail and go for my favourite red shade today – Rockette Red by Rockalily!

Rockette Red by Rockalily Lipstick

I adore wearing red lipstick as it makes me feel rather glamorous, but I’m always worried it’s going to go everywhere! I’m not the most graceful of people so it’s quite common to see my with smudged lipstick all over my face when I wear it. I decided to be super careful and constantly keep it in mind that I was actually wearing lipstick today!

Rockette Red by Rockalily lipstick

Once again, I’ve gone for very simple eyes with this look – just a little slick of mascara. It’s been quite refreshing actually, I do love my darker eye looks but it’s good to have a break once in a while.

I only failed in my mission once today – I saw my friend Sorcha around University and we had quite an animated conversation after I’d just applied the lipstick. It then transferred to my teeth, but luckily she told me straight away!

I did feel quite glam today wearing the lipstick today, and it’s inspired me to wear red lips more often. Why not, hey?

How do you feel about wearing red lips on a day to day basis? Let me know in the comments!

Stay Creative,

Chyaz xox

Share:

7 Comments

1. March 22, 2012 / 10:51 am

I love bold red lips they’ve become a bit of a ‘trademark’ and the men at work laugh at me if I’m not wearing red now! Love the look on you – with the simple eyes it’s so eyecatching and gorgeous!

Sarah
    xx

• March 22, 2012 / 10:52 am

Aww, that’s really cool! Thank you very much 🙂 x

2. March 22, 2012 / 10:58 am

A tip to avoid it going on the teeth – blotting removes the excess which can then move onto the teeth, and well worth doing xx

Looks awesome as ever

• March 22, 2012 / 10:59 am

Great tip! Thanks ReeRee 🙂 x

3. Sarah
    March 22, 2012 / 5:29 pm

Yess i guessed correctly:)

Love ur blog and channel Chyaz<3

4. Vicki
    March 22, 2012 / 5:32 pm

I wear a red lip pretty much every day, it’s quite strange because I see a lot of girls saying they don’t have the confidence to wear a bright red lip, I have confidence issues and I always feel more confident when wearing red.
    I would not have the confidence to wear a pink or nude though.

5. Amanda
    March 22, 2012 / 6:15 pm

Hi! I love wearing bright lipstick when I want to show of or just try something new. I wear lipstick almost everyday, but it’s usually a light brownish type or a more neutral or light pink one. And always when i wear lipstick that is bright, I wear a coat of a clear liquid lipgloss to give the lips a little shine. I hate wearing lipstick when i eat, especially when I drink, though (from a glass or a bottle). Iike to wear it ocationally, but I enjoy being more natural when it comes to makeup, though i like to experiment and try new things. It is very interesting, and I also think it is important.