If you’re someone who routinely curls their hair, you’ll know that it can be a right battle to keep your curls in place. I have naturally straight hair, and when I have curled my hair there’s always a battle involved to keep the curls from dropping right out.
Over the years, I’ve tried a few different methods to stop this from happening. I thought I would give you a run-down of my top tips for keeping your lovely curls firmly in place! Cue one of the few photos of me with curly hair:
- Spray each curl with hairspray individually whilst in the process of curling your hair with an iron or curling wand. My sister taught me this trick and it really does work!
- Curling freshly-washed hair isn’t the best of ideas. If you don’t mind having day-old hair, that’s probably the best time to curl it!
- Some of my girl friends sleep in rollers – this isn’t the most comfortable option, but their curls do tend to stay in much longer than when I use a curling wand!
- There are some products out there designed specifically for aiding the curling process. These products obviously differ from country to country, but look out for curling sprays or lotions in your drugstore.
- I haven’t personally tried this, but a friend recommended gently blowing cold air from your hair drier over your finished curls to set them. Be careful with this option though – you don’t want to unsettle the style you just created!
- If you wanted curly hair for a much longer period, consider a loose perm. Be warned though, they can end up looking a bit dodgy, so make sure your stylist knows exactly what you want before going ahead with it!
I’d love to read some of your top tips on how to keep hair curly. Please feel free to leave them below!