As many of you will know, I don’t like to wear foundation very often at all – I spend so long on my skincare routine that I don’t want to simply cover up my hard work! I do, however, like to wear a little foundation on a night out. I posted a YouTube video yesterday outlining my foundation routine, which involves the base, contouring and highlighting!
I only really use three products in the video:
- Illamasaqua Skin Base Foundation in Shade 3
- Sleek Face Contour and Highlight Kit
- Benefit High Beam Highlighter
If you’d rather read than watch the above video, here is a quick run-through of how I apply my make up for a night out!
- I always do my eyes first. This is to prevent fallout from the eyeshadows ruining my foundation (it has happened all too often and is very frustrating!)
- Apply a moisturiser all over your face and neck – I like to the use Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser
- Take a brush – I use the MAC 130 – and stipple the Illamasqua Skin Base over your face and blend. Also blend it down to your neck for a more even finish.
- Take an angled brush – I love the Cosmopolitan Blush Brush – and your contour powder. Make a fish face (try to look in the mirror without laughing!) and contour just below your cheekbones.
- Grab your highlighter, dot it along your cheekbones (at the highest point you’d like the light to be drawn to) and blend it away with your ring finger.
- Finish off with your chosen lip product!
It really is that easy – contouring and highlighting will make a huge difference to your finished look. I’d really recommend it!
What does your foundation routine consist of? How often do you like to wear it?