If you’re in education, you might currently be locked in the cycle of exam revision, essay writing and the general stress that comes with both of those things. I am currently in my third and final year of University (eek!) and I too have deadlines coming up – hence the notable lack of blog posts lately!
This can be stressful time of year, and aside from making you unhappy on the inside we know that stress can play havoc with your skin too. Not a good look!
I’ve done a bit of research and come up with a few top tips for managing exam and essay writing stress:
- Try to put things into perspective. We tend to put a huge amount of pressure on ourselves to be perfect, but remember that trying your best is all you can do.
- Take time out to enjoy things that calm you down – whether that is taking a walk, doing some gently exercise or even having a chat with a friend. It gives you a break and allows you to recharge your batteries.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Trying to work hard after a sleepless night won’t do you any good. If I do it, I end up getting emotional and more stressed than before!
- When I was revising for my GCSE’s, I used to take time out to have a little sing and dance along to a happy song. It sounds SO cheesy but it makes you feel so much better!
- Scented candles can make you feel more relaxed. When I’m working in my room, having one burning next to me really helps, it’s hard to explain why!
- Set up your work station; I like to start my work with a cup of tea and – don’t laugh – some mint imperials. For some reason they just keep me going, and I get my work done quicker, hence I feel less stressed!
- Make lists! It really helps me to manage my time and make sure I’ve got everything done that I need to do.
I’d love to read some of your top tips! Please leave them in the comments below.