Ahh, it’s that time of year again…for many, Halloween is about the costume, trick or treating and (if you’re a student) one big night out! Those things still apply to me (not to much the trick or treating anymore though…) but the first thing that pops into my head when I think of Hallowen is…make up tutorial time!
Last year I filmed 7 Halloween make up tutorials – I was also ill at the time, which made it twice as difficult, but I still managed to do them all! This year, I decided to tone it down a bit and just do a couple. I figured that I had covered the main characters last year; vampire, zombie, cat, witch, devil etc.
My first tutorial was a Jack Skellington (from the Nightmare Before Christmas) make up tutorial:
I thought I would use this post to demonstrate how easy it can be to achieve the look, and let you know what you need to do so!
- White foundation or face paint (I used the Barry M White Foundation)
- White powder (I used the Stargazer White Pressed Powder)
- A creamy black eye crayon or face paint (I used the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean)
- Black eyeliner (I used MAC’s Smoulder)
It’s that easy!
These are the basic steps for creating the look, if you’d rather get a quick run-down instead of watching the video:
- Apply the white foundation to your face into a circle, i.e. missing out the top of the forehead. Jack Skellington’s face is very round!
- Set the foundation with your pressed powder
- Using your black eye crayon or face paint, draw two large circles around the eyes. Think eye sockets; after all, Jack is a skeleton!
- Take the same crayon or face paint to create two ‘slits’ for the nose holes
- Then create Jack’s big skeleton smile, complete with ‘stitches’ running around the whole smile and the lips
Extra tip: you can ‘white out’ your lips before using the black crayon using something like the NYX Eyeshadow Base in White
And you should end up looking something like this:
What are you dressing up as for Halloween? Let me know in the comments!