When I went to the Manchester Blogger Meet Up a month or so ago, aside from having several cocktails and a great chat with the other girls, I was busy taking mental notes and inspiration from a certain nail look! Lily from BeautysBadHabit (who is absolutely awesome) had the coolest pink and black glitter nails – I couldn’t resist asking how she achieved the look! I’ve finally got round to creating it myself, so a huge thanks to Lily for inspiring this post!
It really is so simple to get this gorgeous, slightly alternative nail look. There are just four main components:
Black Nail Polish – this is the MUA Nail Polish in Black
Pink Glitter – This is by Stargazer
An old eyeshadow brush – this is from Superdrug
And a top coat – mine is the Barry M Top Coat and Nail Hardener
Then just follow these super easy steps:
1. Paint your nail with one coat of black nail polish – do one nail at a time throughout the process!
2. Almost immediately after painting the nail, dip your brush into the glitter and press it on to the tip of the nail. The tip should be fully coated with glitter, so don’t worry about smudging the black underneath.
3. Quickly afterwards (whilst the black polish is still wet) dip your brush back into the glitter pot and hover it over your nail. Tap the brush with your finger in the air so that the glitter falls down on to the bottom half of your nail. This creates the ‘sprinkled with glitter’ look.
4. Repeat for each nail in turn!
5. Once the nails are completely dry, paint with your top coat to seal the glitter fully into place.
And that’s it! So easy but so effective.